Booking is open
- Involved in providing older people’s advocacy?
- A commissioner of advocacy services?
- Working in health and social care and interested in advocacy for older people affected by cancer?
- A patient or carer affected by cancer?
Join OPAAL and her project partners I-CANN, Beth Johnson Foundation, Help & Care and Dorset Advocacy at one of our regional events.
- London: Voluntary Action Islington Thursday 27th July 11:30am – 4pm
- Manchester: Friends Meeting House Tuesday 1st Aug 11:30am – 4pm
2014 – 2017 OPAAL delivered Older People’s Cancer Voices, a three year Department of Health funded project; this programme ran alongside our £3.2m Cancer, Older People and Advocacy (COPA) programme. Older People’s Cancer Voices amplified the voices of older people affected by cancer into health and care settings “making the advocacy for older people affected by cancer that we are passionate about really sing!”
OPAAL developed a range of influencing resources in partnership with four project partners and co-produced alongside older people. These events showcase these tools and key learning from our cancer advocacy programmes; you’ll come away with ideas and tools to help you gain a better insight into the key issues older people affected by cancer want you to understand, to help you increase health and care professionals’ and commissioners’ understanding of advocacy and explore the potential for cancer advocacy provision in your area.
Sign up for your place now: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/older-peoples-advocacy-alliance-learning-events-tickets-34360551334